Author’s note: The Expert Platform podcast was launched in support of Tekton Press. Although I shuttered the business and put the podcast on indefinite hold, I’m keeping the episodes online on YouTube. I was fortunate to have wonderful guests like Aaron. I learned a lot from our conversation, and I hope you benefit from it as well.
Aaron has an incredible story. He started his first business at the age of 18 and has bought and sold eight businesses since then. He hangs out with leaders like Dave Ramsey, Dan Miller, and Ken Abraham. He’s also an author, having just published his first book, “View From the Top: Living a Life of Significance.”
In this episode, Aaron talks about the difference between significance and success, the tragedy that set him on the path to what he’s doing today, and so much more. He also shares his strategy for using Facebook Live to drive social media engagement and build a tribe.This interview was very inspiring for me, and I believe it will be for you, too.
- 2:37 How Aaron got his start in business
- 5:36 The tragedy that changed Aaron’s life forever
- 13:16 How Aaron knew he it was time to quit one of his businesses
- 18:49 Meeting Dave Ramsey
- 22:28 How a mastermind can safeguard your business
- 26:20 Using the 12 Week Year method to build your business
- 34:37 On work-life balance
- 38:53 The power of iron sharpening iron
- 40:35 How to live with significance and build a legacy
- 46:40 Aaron’s killer Facebook Live strategy