Author’s note: The Expert Platform podcast was launched in support of Tekton Press. Although I shuttered the business and put the podcast on indefinite hold, I’m keeping the episodes online on YouTube. I was fortunate to have wonderful guests like Vinny. I learned a lot from our conversation, and I hope you benefit from it as well.
Book | Facebook | Twitter | Web
Vinny Tafuro is the author of Unlocking the Labor Cage, a cutting-edge economist, and visionary futurist. Vinny is absolutely brilliant, and I learned a lot from our conversation.From how one gentleman’s garage tinkering created the middle class to the future of work itself—and how today’s tinkerers just might usher in massive economic change—we covered a lot of ground. If you’re interested in the near future, this episode is for you.
- 2:15: How tinkering around created the middle class
- 7:00: Why Vinny wrote Corporate Empathy
- 9:36: A thought on why so many big companies have harsh cultures
- 16:35: Conscious Capitalism and changing the culture of business as a whole
- 20:36: How Vinny started the Florida Chapter of Conscious Capitalism
- 27:02: Comparing corporations to sociopaths?
- 32:11: So, what IS the future of work?
- 35:58: A new method of exchanging currency
- 48:41: Why it’s time to replace GDP as an economic metric
- 1:07:19: How to re-tool the delivery and cost of higher education
- 1:14:27: How following curiosities instead of passions can make all the difference
Mentioned in This Episode
- Corporate Empathy
- Unlocking the Labor Cage
- Conscious Capitalism, by John Mackey and Rajendra Sisodia
- Professor Lynn A. Stout
- The Shareholder Value Myth, by Professor Lynn Stout
- Conscious Capitalism
- Florida Chapter of Conscious Capitalism
- Richard Branson’s B Team
- The Corporation, by Joel Bakan
- Starbucks College Achievement Plan
- Elizabeth Gilbert
- Tim Ferriss’ interview with Robert Rodriguez
- Andrew McAfee
- Adam Grant
- f.lux (saves your eyes… and brain!)