It’s not the daily increase but the daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.Bruce Lee
A simple key to integrating this discipline is to hack away at those habits that have ballooned to eat away at your productivity.
Here are a few ideas for the second key:
- Keep your calendar open, NOT your email
- Only read and respond to emails 2-4 times per day (I’ve schedule my email blocks at 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 1 p.m, and 3 p.m.)
- If you use Outlook, disable the new email alerts
- Do not answer your phone (unless you have a boss… then answer their calls!)
- Let all calls go to voicemail. Schedule time blocks to return calls
By implementing these simple disciplines, you’ll be surprised at how much more time you have and how much more you accomplish.
What are some of your tips for hacking away at the unessential?